Custom Search

Thursday 16 December 2010

New MOT another 12 months on the road.

After the brake rebuild I checked the car over and took it for its annual inspection (MOT) which it duly passed to my delight - well I would hope so given the amount of work I do on the car. The only comment was that it took some time to pass emissions and the inspector had to run the car up warm. Of course the carbed 308 Ferraris aren't particularly happy at idle and can easily get fouled plugs. The car has not seen any long high speed runs in the last few months so it's no surprise that emissions was touch and go. The piston rings on older cars need some use to get them sealing properly and my car could also do with an oil change which often effects emissions. I'll get on with that when the weather warms up.

No comments: