Custom Search

Tuesday 21 July 2009

Cam drive pulley seals replaced on my Ferrari 308 GT4

I pulled the forward cam belt (doing them one at a time), and went to fit my three-arm pulley to pull the cam drive pulley, but it just slid off without much effort which was nice. Then I spotted the reason for a big oil leak - the seal came out with the pulley! After 30+ years in there it was hard like plastic so must have hardly been sealing the drive shaft at all. At least then I didn't have to work out how to extract it. The key came out pretty easy too with a brass drift. With the retaining circlip removed you can pull the outer bearing with a small bearing puller tool.


Nice new seal then onto the rear drive pulley



After a test run it seems that the drive pulley leaks are no more. That's two down, several more to go...

No comments: