Custom Search

Tuesday 7 July 2009

Leak not fixed on my Ferrari 308

When I took the car out for a test run it was still leaking oil from the belts end. Not the crankshaft seal that I just replaced (see below) but the seals behind the cambelt drive pulleys. Urgh. this means the belts have to come off, and I have to do the full job of removing cam drive pulleys (with silly pin nut locknut), replace old seals and whilst I'm in there replace the cam drive pulley outer bearings. Put it all back together with new timing belts (damn - only just had these replaced in November) and I may as well put in new belt tensioner bearings - I had these lying round from an ebay purchase a few months ago - good thinking ahead me thinks.



Made a makeshift cam lock tool from two pieces of wood cut to fit the camshaft pulleys (95mm diameter) and bolted together ensures the cams won't move by accident. also the position of everything is marked up with correction fluid as a reference and the crankshaft is set at PM1-4 timing mark.

No comments: